It’s no secret that large family freezer meals are a big part of how I manage feeding my growing family of ten while homeschooling and running a business. Investing the time to cook our meals ahead on one day (or spread out over a few days!) makes the next 4-6 weeks run smoothly ensuring everyone is happily fed despite our busy schedule. One of the most important parts of making freezer meals is being prepared with the right large family freezer meal supplies.
I am a huge believer in using my kitchen “servants” to help make these mega freezer cooking days easier. Things like slow cookers and instant pots can be working behind the scenes, cooking rice, meat, potatoes, etc. while I am busy prepping more hands-on type dishes.
All of the links below are my Amazon affiliate links. That means if you purchase through my links I may make a small percentage. This costs you nothing additional. Here’s my full disclosure policy.
Large Family Freezer Meal Supplies
Here are sixteen of my must have large family freezer meal supplies. These are the things that make mega freezer cooking for my family easier.
– Every successful freezer cooking day starts with a plan! You’ll find everything you need for planning in this free pack.
– A slow cooker is must have in any busy momma’s kitchen. When it comes to freezer cooking, I use mine for both freezer meal prep and also later to cook our freezer meals.
– It took me a little bit to like my Instant Pot, but now it’s one of my favorite kitchen “servants”. 😉 And just like the slow cooker, I use it to help prepare our freezer meals and also to cook them afterward.
– Having a big roaster oven has been very helpful in preparing large family meals. My roaster oven is a go-to on freezer cooking days. You can usually find these on sale around the holidays, too.
– I don’t know how I did large family cooking for so long without this bowl! If you are making freezer meals for a large family, you are going to want one of these large bowls on hand.
– My stockpot is put to good use on my large family freezer cooking days! I use it to help cook food ahead while l’m busy doing other prep or assembly for freezer meals.
– I use my bread machine for a variety of items on freezer cooking days including fruit bread and pizza dough. I actually have two bread machines and this is one of them. I found one at Goodwill and the other on Amazon for half off so keep your eyes out for good deals on these.
– There are numerous ways to use muffin tins when making freezer meals and I definitely put mine to good use. Beyond muffins, you can make breakfast protein cups, mini meatloaves, and more!
64 oz. Freezable Food Storage Containers w/ Lids – Package of 20. These work wonderful for freezing soups and Instant Pot Freezer Meals, too!
– Gotta have ’em! If you’re making freezer meals, you need gallon size freezer bags for the food you prepare. I recommend getting a good quality brand so there is less chance of tears or splits.
– This is one of those items that just make freezer cooking easier. No more awkward attempts at holding bags while pouring or messy bags from drips. They also help save a little time!
– Another must have for large family freezer meal preparation. These also get bonus points because they reduce clean up time on the day you serve them. 🙂
Glass Baking Dishes – In recent months I’ve been slowly investing in adding large glass baking dishes to my freezer cooking supplies collection. I’ve had this set of anchor glass baking dishes that I’ve done freezer cooking in for at least ten years without issue. I only had 4 in the set of various sizes so this set wouldn’t go far. However, these new 11×18 glass baking dishes have been finding their way to my front porch in an Amazon box ;). I believe I have about 12 or 15 now.
– You’ll need aluminum foil to properly package and store your freezer meals in the aluminum pans.
– Plastic wrap is needed in the final step of having a properly packaged 9×13 freezer meal. Don’t skip these steps or you’ll run the risk of ruining all your hard work on your freezer meals!
– Permanent markers are perfect for labeling freezer meals. Whether you’re writing on a paper label to attach later or writing directly on a bag or tin foil, you’ll want a permanent marker that won’t be easily wiped off!
– These slow cooker liners save me extra cleaning time and that’s a huge score in my book!
– I’ve gotcha covered here! I have loads of yummy, large family freezer meal recipes on my site. You’ll find recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for in between.
Do you have to have all of these large family freezer meal supplies to do freezer cooking? No, but these are the items I have found the most helpful over the many years I’ve been doing mega freezer cooking days. Use what you have to get started and keep your eye out for good deals to add to your freezer cooking arsenal.